Have you ever set a goal you didn't reach? We've all been there, right? Well, last year I set a reading goal. I wanted to read a book a month, 12 books for the year. I picked out my first 4 books and thought I was on my way to reaching this goal.
At the end of 2017 I had read 5 books... That's a bit less then 12.
You may be thinking that I missed my goal or failed, right? But here's the thing. That was 5 more books then the previous year. I had never read that many books in a single year before. And in the end I walked away with a passion for reading and learning.
I learned so much. So much more than in previous years. I was over the moon that I had read 5 books. It was the most books I had ever read in a year! I could have basically thrown myself a party!
With the new year ahead, I decided to make 12 books my goal again. Until I hit that goal, 12 books is a good number to strive for. Don't you think? Are you ready to pick our your 12 books too? Here are my 12 books for 2018.
- Building A StoryBrand by Donald Miller: I started this over Christmas and absolutely love it. I can't recommend it enough.
- What's Best Next by Matt Perman: Nancy Ray recommended this one and I'm excited to see how it can shape my business.
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell: Tyler was interested in reading this one and it sounded great, so I added it to my list.
- Make it Happen by Lara Casey: I started this one a few years ago, but I never finished. Here's to second tries. :)
- Dave Ramsey's Complete Guide to Money: Tyler and I read Total Money Makeover and really loved it. I think we are going to read this one together too.
- The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni: Another book recommendation from Tyler. :) He got this one for Christmas. Win win for me, right?
Ready to pick out your 12 books and start your reading checklist? Download your worksheet below! Plus, receive 10+ FREE stock photos!
- The Way of the Seal by Mark Divine: I'm super excited about this. One of my overall goals for this year is discipline and I'm excited to see how this book plays out with that goal.
- Creativity Inc. by Ed Catmull: We've had this one floating around our bookshelves for a few years. Tyler read it a couple years ago. Now it's my turn.
- Called to Create by Jordan Raynor: I think this is another Nancy Ray recommendation and I love the books tagline. "A Biblical Invitation to Create, Innovate, and Risk."
- A Simplified Life by Emily Ley: I keep hearing such good things about this book and I love keeping things simple in life and in business.
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown: This was on my list for 2017, but I didn't get to it. Excited for this year!
- Cultivate by Lara Casey: I'm a pretty big fan of anything Lara Casey. I'm looking forward to read this one after Make it Happen.
If you are on the fence about setting this goal in motion, I want to be an encouragement to you. Reading will do so much for your life and business. Reading is like being mentored by the author. You'll learn so much. You'll be stretched and you'll be poured into, so you can pour yourself out to others. Download your reading checklist (plus, your free photos above), pick out your favorite books, and share you're goal in the comments. I can't wait to hear what you picked! xoxo! Samantha
P.S. Interested in what I read last year? Here's my list: